- Enhanced induction programme for International Medical Graduates (IMGs) – those whose primary medical qualification is from out with UK.
- Running since 2015.
- Opportunity to explore strengths and weaknesses.
- Gain insight into the predictors of success.
- Shared learning experience for trainee and educational supervisor attending together to build the foundation of a supportive relationship.
- All IMGs commencing GP training in Scotland are invited to attend.
- Sessions facilitated by an experienced panel of facilitators and MRCGP examiners from across the Scotland deanery.
- Differential attainment is a key priority for the General Medical Council (GMC), Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) and the Scotland deanery.
- Targeted early interventions recommended to address differential attainment.
- Run twice a year for February and August start trainees in ST1
- We are now moving to a hybrid model, with 2 full day sessions.
This page was last updated on: 26.05.2022 at 07.26