NHS Education for Scotland Logo

Scotland Deanery

Home of medical and dental excellence

Trainee information


For pre-employment information, please see the Turas Hub.

Please note that you are required to be registered with a licence to practise with the General Medical Council throughout the duration of your employment.


Overseas work

If you have spent time working outside of the UK prior to starting this post, you must provide a copy of your criminal record check for your time spent abroad. 

If you have worked in multiple countries outside of the UK, you must provide a copy of your criminal record check from each country you have worked in. 

Details of how to obtain such a check from the relevant authorities abroad is available online at:  


If the country concerned is not listed, please contact the relevant embassy or consulate for further details. Contact details can be found online at:  


You should submit a copy of your criminal record check or checks, if you have worked in more than one country outside of the UK, with your completed PVG application form and ID documents. 

This page was last updated on: 22.09.2021 at 11.24