- The application process for the programme begins each November.
- Short-listed candidates are interviewed and appointed in January.
- This allows plenty of time for an out-of-programme application before the start date in the following August.
- Posts are for one year and will be normally advertised at https://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/recruitment-and-careers/
- Applications are currently open and close at 23.59 on the 12th of December 2019. Click on the following link to apply
- The fellowship gives trainees an opportunity to work outside of the clinical environment, so there is no commitment to clinical work required. Depending on the host organisation, there may be scope for fellows to continue with a small clinical commitment if they wish to. Fellows who wish to locum in their own time can do so.
- The year does not count towards training time, so taking time out to undertake the programme will necessitate delaying your CCT date.
This page was last updated on: 19.05.2021 at 13.41